University of Nottingham Medical School, Queen’s Medical Centre, Nottingham
Following the success of the SARS Meeting held at the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland in 2017, we are pleased to announce that the 2018 meeting will be held at the University of Nottingham Medical School on Wednesday 10th and Thursday 11th January 2018.
Programme to include:
- BJS Lecture – Professor Malin Sund
- The John Farndon Lecture – Professor Rupert Pearse
- Hunterian Lecture – Bijan Modarai
- BBA Invited Lecturer – Professor Steven Wolf
The BBA will be joining us for a parallel meeting on Thursday 11th January.
To register for the SARS 2 day meeting please go to:
To register for the BBA meeting please go to:
- SARS abstracts and timings
- BBA abstracts and timings
- Rules for presenters
- Delegate information pack
- Delegate map
- Visit abstract download page
From Nottingham City centre, you can jump on a tram at the train station which will drop them off on the Medical School. It takes about ten to fifteen minutes from the city centre. Alternatively, there are taxi’s at the train station and that would take between five and ten minutes, traffic depending.
Delegates can download the walking app to their phone which will direct them from their start point to their destination. Information on the app can be found at http://www.nottinghamconferences.co.uk/home/. There is also standard directions on here too.
Accommodation is available in Lenton and Wortley Halls of Residence for Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th January. The single en-suite rooms cost £48 plus VAT per night and include:
- Single bedroom with en-suite facilities
- Full English breakfast
- Coffee & tea supplies in bedroom
- Toiletry pack, tows and bed linen
- Car parking
To book accommodation please go to: http://www.nottinghamconferences.co.uk/online-bb-bookings/ and start by putting in the promotion code SARS2018 then insert the dates you require accommodation (9th or 10th January 2018).
We hope you will attend the SARS Society Dinner, which is being held at the Senate Chamber, University of Nottingham on the evening of Wednesday 10th January and is always a highlight of our meeting. Dress is lounge suit, and you are welcome to bring a guest/guests to the Dinner. You will be offered the chance to purchase tickets and guest tickets once you have selected your registration option. Tickets cost £65.00, which includes pre-dinner drinks, 3 course meal with wine and coffee. The final date for booking Society Dinner tickets is 12 noon Thursday 21st December 2017.
Key dates for your diary
- 20th November (12 noon) – Closing date for bursary applications for SARS members
- 1-30th November – Early bird registration rates available
- 21st December, 12 noon – Deadline for purchase of Society dinner tickets
- 8th January (8.00am) – Online registration closes (£25 surcharge for registration at the desk)
STARSurg day 9th Jan, Queen’s Medical Centre, University of Nottingham
This one-day course aims to prepare clinical medical students for their first day of a surgical Academic Foundation Programme and will be very beneficial for anyone considering a career in surgery, or a career with an academic component. Tickets are £25 and can be purchased from: dayzeroafp.eventbrite.co.uk. See link for more details.
Follow us on twitter for updates: @SocSARS